Posted on 20th Apr 2020
The UK has a weight problem. Two thirds of adults are either overweight or obese, with one third of these obese, according to official health surveys. Being overweight is the second biggest cause of cancer after smoking, according to Cancer Research, and it causes more than 1 in 20 cancer cases. Having this issue is not only a problem to yourself, but to the NHS. In fact, they spend £8.8 billion a year on treating type 2 diabetes, nearly 9% of it’s overall budges.
Shaving calories and taking control of your diet is possibly the best treatment to obesity. Eating fewer cookies, drinking water, substituting low-fat foods for high-fat ones and taking grip of what you eat will ensure weight loss. Ditching bad habits such as eating too quickly, not moderating your diet, eating large meals and ignoring how foods are cooked will all contribute to weight loss.
The most important factor to losing weight is having self-discipline. Say no to food that others may be having. If your parents order a take-away, make yourself a nutritious salad. Or if you attend an all you can eat buffet, don’t actually eat everything! Its time to take control of our diet, not tomorrow, not next Monday. Today.
You can either contact us via the form below or by post to:
The Care Company (SW) LTD, Little Spires, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 7QE
Tel: 01548 521789
– Our respite care service allows for reassuring care. We understand that many families take great joy in providing care to their loved ones so that they can remain at home, but we’re here to allow families to rest and recharge.
-Our care services offer families peace of mind, by supplying competent and professional care staff who care for the client in the comfort of their own home.
– Personalised hourly care services to help you keep your independence at home. Professional services 24/7.
– Over the last 15 years, we have been providing hourly care services across Devon. The service is designed with flexibility in mind to help on the day to day basis for people who need on-going support.
– Personalised complex care services to help you keep your independence at home. Professional services 24/7.
– Complex care is for people who live with complex health conditions, and as a result require higher levels of care to give them the full support they require to live a full and healthy life.